Thursday, April 17, 2008
I made some changes in colors. Instead of making each coner in different floral color I decided to add more greenary and to use the same colors of the purple palette in all corners. I think I avoided a little motley effect and made a more organized garden.
I am pleased with how the Garden is turning out. I wonder what else is going to grow in the garden.
I also wanted to show you the little box in which I keep floss and other necessary things for the project. On the top of the box there is "Pearl Angel" by Just Nan, the design is so delicate here!
Thank you for stopping by.
Happy Stitching !
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Thank you for stopping by, I hope you have enjoyed your visit.
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Today I have finished Part 3 and Part 4 of "Rose Sampler" by Ellen Maurer-Stroh.
I like the pattern alright, it is very pretty. But, I don't know why, I can't make myself stitch it. Maybe because it is mainly in one solid color and solid crosses - very monotonous for me. I get tired of it so fast, just after a few stitches! Maybe it is because of my injured foot : I can't find a comfortable position to stitch this big project.
I do hope next month I find stitching it more enjoyable. And I still like how it turns out.
Enjoyable stitching to everybody and take care!
Thursday, April 3, 2008
More and more flowers and shrubs begin to bloom. The bees are working very hard these days. I tried to take pictures of the butterflies but they are so fast that the camera can't take a good picture of them.
I can't make myseft stitch my SALs projects, a little boring. But I enjoyed stitching a little mattress pincushion. I took the design "Peace" by Nikki Leeman, Country Cottage Needleworks from JCS magazine 2007 Ornament issue. I modified the design and made it a little smaller. It is stitched on 28ct. Glass Blue Monaco one over one with DMC floss. As it is my first mattress pincushion I decided to make the sides with the pulled threads which I liked so much. Here are some pictures of what I have done:
I stitched the boarder with some flowers for the back of the pincushion and
made some flower pins to dress up the back, or the front; they look great on both sides. The last picture shows the actual size of the pincushion.
I am pleased with how the pincushion turned out, it was a treat for me - now back to SALs stitching.
Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit.