Thursday, April 3, 2008

A Little Walk And A Finish

After long heavy flooding rains we are having nice weather again. While walking in the garden I took some pictures.

This year a couple of hawks made a nest in our front yard. At first I did not like that because our little pretty birds are afraid of them. But what can you do? We began to watch our new birds. It is interesting to see how they communicate with each other without any cell phones. When it gets rather hot they leave the nest but one of them is always somewhere around, they never leave their "kids" unattended.

More and more flowers and shrubs begin to bloom. The bees are working very hard these days. I tried to take pictures of the butterflies but they are so fast that the camera can't take a good picture of them.

I can't make myseft stitch my SALs projects, a little boring. But I enjoyed stitching a little mattress pincushion. I took the design "Peace" by Nikki Leeman, Country Cottage Needleworks from JCS magazine 2007 Ornament issue. I modified the design and made it a little smaller. It is stitched on 28ct. Glass Blue Monaco one over one with DMC floss. As it is my first mattress pincushion I decided to make the sides with the pulled threads which I liked so much. Here are some pictures of what I have done:


I stitched the boarder with some flowers for the back of the pincushion and








made some flower pins to dress up the back, or the front; they look great on both sides. The last picture shows the actual size of the pincushion.















I am pleased with how the pincushion turned out, it was a treat for me - now back to SALs stitching.
Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoy your visit.
Take care!

13 comments:

Yuko said...

Beautiful finishes!!
Congratulations, I can't believe it was the first time for you to make a mattress pincushion!
It's absolutely gorgeous!
I love how you finished with side ribbon!

flom said...

beautifull!!!!!!!
suberbe!!!!!!
I love!!!!!!!
flo
http://mes-petites-lubies.over-blog.com/

Janaina said...

Stunning! Love the colors!:o) Well done, teatcher!

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful stitching and awesome finishes. Really enjoyed seeing all your work. Found your blog from the Christmas SAL blog.
Barb in TX

Einschies blog said...

This is such a wonderful piece,-))) How did you finsih the sites? It´s a great idea ;-))Would be great if you can send me an email;-)

Gaby

Carol said...

Olga - your mattress pincushion is just gorgeous!

Marie said...

your pincushion is very nice !
and you have already a lot of flowers.. for the moment, only tulips in france and flowers similar...

Carla said...

Another beautiful finish! I like how you did the side of the mattress....very pretty!

Nicola said...

Congratulations on your mattress pincushion finish, it's beautiful! I've enjoyed looking through your blog at your lovely stitching, especially the Just Nan pieces, they are simply gorgeous.

Natasha-ND said...

Очень оригинальный pinkeep. И очень аккуратный! Вопрос (может в тексте и написано, но я не знаю английский) - сбоку - это мережка?

Olga said...

Спасибо, Наталья, за Ваш отзыв. Это - игольница-матрассик и сбоку, правильно, мережка.

Natasha-ND said...

Ольга, тогда ещё один вопрос - что внутри такого высокого пинкипа? Толстый паралон или всё-таки традиционный картон?

Crazypatch said...

I love yours embroideries, This's very beautiful....