Wednesday, November 12, 2008

"Crystalline Grapes"

Today I want to show to you another little finish. It is a The Sweetheart Tree design called "Crystalline Grapes". The pattern has much similarity with "Tranquil Moments" which I stitched and showed to you a little earlier. When I was buying these two patterns I already had an idea of their finishing and bought identical frames and mats for them.
I made a little modification in the second pattern: substituted one variegated floss to a white one in order to emphasize similarity of the two patterns and to get rid of a motley color effect. Here are some pictures of my "Crystalline Grapes":

I used the central part of the pattern and made another star ornament (front).

Fot the back of the ornament I stitched the same design, only instead of beads I stitched a grape cluster from the border. This design has a lot of over one stitching which I liked a lot.
And here are the pictures of what I made using two The Sweetheart Tree designs.
You probably want to know if I am satisfied with the result. Yes, very much! But it was a little irritating stitching the designs. If you remember after the first design I told you that the picture on the cover page is of very poor quality, you can barely see the design there. I can understand that this is kind of protection from piracy. OK, but why is the print of the designs so poor? There are so many places in the designs where you can't tell if it is a grid line or back stitch! Is this also kind of protection? from customers?
* * * * * *
I also wanted to thank Adriana r. , Donna, Yana (Яна) for passing me Blogger awards. Dear ladies, thank you very much for your appreciation of my work.
* * * * * *
And I 'd like to ask everyone to visit this Donna's blog where she has organized ornament stitching for an auction, November 2009, to raise money to help cancer patients. On Donna's blog you will find all necessary detail. I do hope every stitcher can find some time and make a couple of ornaments ( or more!) and this way help other people in their fight against this terrible disease.
Happy Stitching to everyone!

38 comments:

Donna said...

Thank you so much for the mention in your blog. Your work is so very nice. Did you have someone cut the star pattern or did you do it yourself? Is it mat board or foam core? Please e-mail me if you have time! dwooleybooger@yahoo.com
Thanks

Yuko said...

As always, and again you have done this stunning work!!!
This is absolutely gorgeous, I'm speechless, Olga...
Your works are always so elegant and gorgeous, and make me very happy!

imnverted said...

These are beautiful Nice work!

Olga said...

Thank you for the complement Donna.
I make the stars the way you stitch up a biscornu:
1. first back stitch the star,
2. cut the fabric around the star leaving 6-10 threads for the seam,
3. slip stitch it filling the corners and the body with poly-fil.
Of course, a template can be used for making a star as well.
I hope this explanation helps you.

Pumpkin said...

Oh my! Just stunning Olga! You have done it again :o) That is a beautiful pair to hang in your house.

Anonymous said...

Very precious finishes, I love both of them. You do amazing work, if you are ever doing a drawing for one of your pieces or even a pif let me know, I'll be the first to sign up.

Adriana R. said...

Amiga, qué Belleza!!, realmente tienes una habilidad en tus manos increible!!!

Jennifer said...

I love, love, love, looking at your work. You do such wonderful stitching and finishing!

Mas Gatos said...

Olga,

You continue to amaze me with your stitching. The pictures are beautiful, and your stars are even better. I like the way that you changed up the second one on the back. You are so very clever. May I post your request from Donna about Christmas Ornaments to my list? Please let me know.

Hugs,
Marsha

Tatyana (tookie) said...

Lovely! Your sweethearts are real gems

Natasha-ND said...

Эх, давненько я не вышивала эти дизайны! Как же они смотрятся, и в паре! Оля, здорово, и слушай мужа - на видное место повеьте их! Очень красиво оформлено, просто здорово!

Sammy & Emilie said...

This pattern looks fabulous, Olga!!! What a stunning pair you have now!!! I just love your little stars too, they're so sweet. These two are such delicate designs...

Unknown said...

какое все красивое! А форма моячка просто меня в состояние блаженства полного вводит! Здорово!

Sally said...

These are both absolutely beautiful Olga.

Annie said...

Those are exquisite! I've never stitched a Sweetheart tree design, but I do know the frustration of trying to distinguish back stitch from grid lines. Maybe it's worth sending an e-mail to the designer about it.

Cheri said...

Your finishes are always so pretty!

Olga said...

wow your stitching is always amazing and your finishes too! luv all your pictures, luv everything !! look forward to more :o)
luv from olga.(uk)

hohla said...

Оль! Как красиво получилось! Замечательный дуэт!

Loreta said...

Aw, that is just adorable!!!

flom said...

beautifull !!Its a nice work !!!
j'aime beaucoup, bravo
amitié
flo

Вольдемар Т. said...

Чудесная пара получилась! Изысканная!

Mylene said...

wow! Gorgeous work, Olga. Well done!!

Cindy F. said...

Stunning! All of them! Your stitching and finishes are absolutely gorgeous!

All things beautiful said...

Sooooo pretty. They are made for each other :-)

Carla said...

WOW!! Gorgeous finishes Olga!!!! Love them!!!

Sharon said...

Simply gorgeous!

Andrea said...

Wonderful finishes.

Ele said...

What a beautiful and precious crystalline ornament Olenka!
Just wonderful!

Greetings from

Gabriele

Dovilė said...

They are absolutely perfect, I like them both very much:)Congrats Olga!

Nicola said...

Yet more stunning stitching Olga!

malélé said...

all your works are wonderful
Malélé

Nina said...

Oh, what beautiful works!
Olenka, your finishing is amazing nice!
I really love these ST patterns and your works of course :)

paola said...

Bellisismo e molto raffinato. Beautifulll.........
Paola

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow! Those are just stunning!

Ravenelle said...

Wow, it's very nice !
Thank you for your comment on my blog :)
Happy stitching !
Marie

elina said...

Wau beautiful!!!

Marie said...

congratulations for this work !! you can be proud,it is gorgeous !!

Asta said...

wow... so wonderfuls, pretty and thoroughs works!!!