Friday, March 6, 2009

Hearts" Bourse and more

Our secret project was a great success! My mother asked me to thank everyone for the nice birthday wishes and comments on her works.
Today I will show you some more new designs from my St. Valentine Collection. I wanted to do it yesterday but again Blogger was not too kind to me, I hope it works better tonight.

I added three more pieces to "Hearts" sewing set: "Hearts" Bourse, "Hearts" Tape Measure Cover and "Hearts" Thimble Case.
I have wanted to try these three finishes for such a long time that I decided I'd better try them now or never! :-))It was a great pleasure to make designs for these smalls and then to assemble them.The bourse is not so small as it might look: there is enough space for whole sewing set inside it. Here are some pictures of the bourse when it is closed and open:
Here is "Hearts" Tape Measure Cover:
And here is "Hearts" Thimble Case:
The thimble case has different designs on each side:
And here is what is inside the thimble case:
I am very pleased with how these three pieces turned out. And I will sure make more designs for these finishes. They are so cute and fun to make!
Now the "Hearts" Sewing Set includes 8 items!
If you are interested in buying any of my designs, please contact me.
My e-mail address is in my Profile.

* * * * * *

I also wanted to show a Christmas ornament which I made for February. It is The Prairie Schooler 1996 Santa. I got the leaflet from Angela, my HOE partner. Thank you Angela for the lovely design, I enjoyed stitching it. It was my so-called "car project": I always keep a project in the car to stitch during our trips. I tried to finish this design in a very simple way, no fancy trims or bows this time - PS designs call for something simple, don't they? So I stitched it on hand dyed Aida, 18 ct., made it into a soft hanging ornament with a handle made from the backing fabric and even a couple of jingle bells are tied to the handle with the threads pulled from the Aida. :-))The ornament does not have country or primitive look - I am not good at these styles - but it looks rather old-fashion:











There is no snow for the poor Santa in my yard, only Pop Corn bush is all covered with tiny "snowball":* * * * * * * * *

I want to thank Yana (Яна) for passing me another award. I really appreciate this and traditionally pass it to all my readers: you are my source of inspiration and you are my support.
Thank you everyone for dropping by and leaving comments - I love to read them!

Happy Stitching!

42 comments:

Dimday said...

It looks great. I'm filled with admiration for your works

NIKY said...

Your designs and finishing are simply GREAT. Congratulations for your works. Niky.

hohla said...

Какой прекрасный набор! Очень красиво!!!
И подарок замечательный!!!

Sammy & Emilie said...

Oh I LOVE the new smalls and the bourse you've added to your latest collection !!! They're such cute collectible items !!! Fantastic ! Have a lovely week-end XXX

Unknown said...

Оля, ну какие у тебя комплекты волшебные всегда получаются! Восхитительно!

Anonymous said...

Olga the Hearts sewing set is fabulous! I've been wanting to try a Bourse finish and a tape measure finish, maybe now is the time for me to take a deep breath and do it:-)

your Prairie Schooler pillow turned out nicely; perfect choice of fabric.

Carol said...

Oh my Olga, this is a beautiful collection. I absolutely love the thimble case. :o)

Natasha-ND said...

Оооооленька! Я в восторге! Ведь много подобных наборов видела, но у тебя как-то так всё подходит одно к другому - и вышивка, и ткань, и - ещё раз отмечу! - оригинальность needleroll!!!! Очаровательно! Успехов, вдохновения и времени побольше для осуществления твоих идей! Браво!

L'Aiguille au Fil du Temps said...

Ces accessoires sont charmants, tu fais de très jolies choses.
Bon week end

handgemacht said...

Das ist ein tolles Ensemble. Wunderschön!

Solstitches said...

What an amazingly beautiful set of smalls. This collection is just fabulous and must be my favourite of all the lovely things I've seen on your blog.
I love your PS Santa too. I stitched a couple of these years ago and never did anything with them.
I feel inspired so think this will be the year mine finally get finished!
Margaret

Tia Glória said...

beautifull

siesta said...

Чудо расчудесное!!! Комплименты!!

Angela said...

Your designs and your finishing always leave me drooling :) LOL! I really love the way you finished the PS Santa! I agree and think they look old fashioned too.

Annie said...

Gorgeous finishes! Your work is always such a delight for the eyes!

Irene said...

Your hearts set is absolutely beautiful ! The PS Santa is cute.

Dovilė said...

So beautiful:) red collection adorable!

Olga said...

hi olga, you never cease to amaze me with your designs and stitching and especially the finishes you make.......you are a real inspiration!
luv from olga (uk)

Janaina said...

Long time since I came here and look at all the amazing things you have done! Congrats on each one of them! It´s lovely!

Anonymous said...

I love your set of sewing accessories - your work is all so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love the last embroderies and particulary the thimble case I do not remember I have seen such little thing before so lovely
congratulations
Malélé

Brigitte said...

Olenka, you designed a terrific set of smalls. Absolutely wonderful!
I also love your PS Santa and the way you finished it.

Anne R said...

They look great - and, btw, you've got an award at my place ;)

Nancy said...

I love your hearts set! Such a beautiful design this is.

Your ornament is wonderful! Doesn't Prairie Schooler make the nicest Santa patterns?

Everything is just beautiful!

Mylene said...

WOW! I just LOVE them all!!

All things beautiful said...

A truly unique set of smalls. I think the thimble case is so cute. Great job!

Cindy F. said...

Oh Olga! Your designs and finishes are absolutely beautiful!! I wish I had the confidence to try to make these pretty things!
Your PS ornie is too cute! You finished it perfectly! Yes, PS calls for simple finishes, I think:)
I love your Russian motif too!
Can't wait to hear how your mother reacts to her birthday comments:)

Bhooma said...

Olga,

After a long time I visited your blog today. I love the heart sewing se. I am amzazed at your talent. I am eager to try the sewing set.

gazette94 said...

The collection is fabulous !The thimble case is really cute , you have so much talent !
I love your PS santa, it make such a nice ornement !!

Anonymous said...

Oh !
Tout est magnifique !
Belle journée et gros bisous

Anonymous said...

this sewing set is so gorgeous!

Iêda Klein said...

Achei maravilhoso seu trabalho!
Parabéns!!

Nicola said...

Yet more beautiful designs, stitching and finishing Olga. You are very talented. Love your PS ornament. (I got that design from my husband for Christmas.)You are so right, PS designs need simple finishing and yours looks great.

Alexandrina said...

Оля, замечательный комплект. Мои поздравления маме.

Pumpkin said...

I knew she would! How could she not ;o)

Oh my! Just stunning Olga!!!!! I LOVE the bourse. Does each design come seperately? And do they come with instructions on how to finish these lovely items????

Wendy said...

Your designs and finishes are just so cute! You did a wonderful job on them.

Anonymous said...

Your hearts sewing set is just lovely! I really like the tape measure cover!

Sharon said...

Olga, the heart sewing set is gorgeous! I wish I could be so talented. I also love your PS Santa too-quite lovely.

Anonymous said...

je vous découvre par le forum DMC France, quel bonheur de voir ces petites choses si minuscules et si raffinées. bravo
valérie

Dovilė said...

very beautiful collection:)

Hazel said...

Amazing hearts designs. You do super stunning work! Love the bourse - still not tried one yet. xx

acereta said...

Восторг полный!