Sunday, June 1, 2008

Weekend Stitching

It was such a pleasure to be able to stitch again after the week of my sickness. So, I thought if I enjoy stitching so much it's better to work on my less favorite sampler. It was a good decision! I finished Part 5 of EMS "Rose Sampler" very fast this time.


I do not know why the camera changed the colors so much, the color of the cloth must be pure white. I was a bad photographer today. lol Anyway Part 5 is done!

I've wanted to test DMC Rayon floss for a long time. And for the test I chose Dames Of The Needle "Fleur De Lis And Acorn Scissor Case". When I first saw the design I liked the way it is embellished, an unusual combination of sequinis and beads. Besides it was interesting to try to finish the scissor case in such a way that not a single end of the trim was exposed. Those of you who made scissor cases of identical form understand that that is a challenge.

I hand braided the trim for the case and I think the task I set for myself was fulfilled. I was happy with how the case turned out and decided to make a pinkeep and a fob to match the scissor case. Here are some pictures of the set:




I did not like the pictures I took yesterday, in the morning I took some new ones and deleted the old pictures. In the comments I was asked if I liked to work with Rayon floss. Well, they are different, thicker than usual cotton floss, a little resemble thick Trebizond silk floss and sometimes they are ready to tangle very easily. But I am very patient and the result not the speed is more important for me. I will stitch with them another time.
Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comments.
Happy stitching to everybody and take care.

12 comments:

Sammy & Emilie said...

Hum, very pretty indeed. You're such a star stitcher!

Unknown said...

Very nice. Did you like working with the rayon floss?

Mylene said...

I LOVE your scissor case. It turned out great and sooo neatly too.

Daffycat said...

You did such an awesome job on the scissor cases! Oh, they are so lovely.

Congratulations on your RS part 5 finish; it's looking pretty too.

staci said...

Your needlecase is stunning~~the design you picked is perfect!!!

Carla said...

Beautiful scissor case! Your finishing skills are amazing!

Nancy said...

Hello, and thank you for visiting me! Your blog is absolutely beautiful! Your stitching is lovely, and I love the baby chicks and your very yummy looking strawberries! Take care, and happy stitching!

Susimac said...

Wonderful, wonderful scissor case. Awesome finish.

mimimira said...

beautiful set! I like the scissor case very much - great finish!

Sonda said...

The scissor case is absolutely beautiful! Nice job!

Carol said...

Very nice scissor case ;-)

Marie said...

you scissor case is very very pretty ! you have done a nice work.