Friday, July 4, 2008

"How Does Your Garden Grow?" Parts 5 - 6

I have not been stitching much lately but I finished Parts 5 and 6 of Papillon Creations sampler "How Does Your Garden Grow?" If you remember I wanted to wait a little till Part 6 of the sampler is published. I needed a bigger piece of the sampler done , Part 6 is almost half of the sampler, to decide on the beads.






In these pictures you can see that I experimented a little with the beads and put some in Parts 4-6. I think they look all right and will probably be my final choice.



I like how "my garden grows" and is happy that almost half of it has already been done.

I have had a few kits by Needle & Frame for a rather long time and I either could not find time for them or when I had time I thought they are boring and put them aside - there is not a single cross there but.... there are a lot of beads there! So I decided to try one kit. It is called "Moon Light" Beaded Ribbon Scissor Case Necklace ans Pincushion Scissor Fob. What a name!

Ok, when you finish the kit you will get two pieces: a scissor case and a fob. Of course, I read the instructions very attentively and did everything my way. As a result I got a little piece of the ribbon left which I used to make a pincushion and it turned out so cute. I only had to look for two big beads to finish the pincushion the same way as two other pieces.



Now I know for sure that Needle & Frame kits are rather fun to work on for those who like beads. In their instructions it is shown how to make 'bead lace edging' which is really a great finishing technique. I enjoyed working on this project and will certainly make another one.
Happy holidays to American stitchers!
Happy stitching to everybody!

9 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh my such gorgeous stitching there. Your little pincushion is adorable-such a great set!

Daffycat said...

Wow, incredible beaded stitching toys! Well done! Your Garden looks beautiful too!

Jennifer said...

Those pieces are simply gorgeous!!

staci said...

WOW! Your stitched set is gorgeous!!!

Mylene said...

WOW! They are simply beautiful!! Well done Olga!!
Enjoy the summer too.

Carol said...

I love your colors for the garden sampler! And those smalls are just amazing!

All things beautiful said...

Very intricate & ornate looking set. Just love the colours too.

Adriana R. said...

Muy bueno tu blog, hermosos los biscornu y las demas artesanias que bordas.
FELICITACIONES POR ESAS MANOS HABILIDOSAS.

Vivi said...

Hi! very beautiful your blog and works. Congrats!i add you to mine www.viviysumundocreativo.blogspot.com,visit me when you wont ,regards from Spain.Vivi